If you have information or pictures about other
springs in Arizona that you would like to share, please
Hoover Dam, Colorado River Hot Springs
There are about three undeveloped hot springs located in the Hoover
Dam area, on the Colorado River. The springs are actually just over the
Arizona border, in the Willow Beach area, and are within a two hour drive
from Las Vegas. These springs are accessible by primarily by boat (land
routes are difficult). You can rent boats and some places will provide
a map of the hot springs route.
The springs are: Arizona (Ringbolt) Hot Springs, this is the only spring
that is accessible by hiking. Gold Strike Hot Springs, and Boy Scout Hot
Springs, there are also sauna caves. See Map.
Check out http://www.geocities.com/essenceoftranquility/.
A great hot springs on a wonderful lady's land that has four tipis, a
travel trailer, common house for all visitors/campers with piano, VCR,
kitchen, laundry and bathroom. It has five private outdoor tubs ranging
from 102 - 106* and two of them have small hot waterfalls pouring into
four feet of water.
The rates are reasonable. The resort is located in Safford, AZ near Mt.
Graham, the Gila Box area, and the Aravaipa Canyon and Galiuro Wilderness
district, two hours from Tucson, three from Phoenix.
Check out http://www.el-dorado.com
Located in Tonopah, forty miles West of Phoenix or seventy-five miles
East of Quartzsite, El Dorado is a rustic spa over a natural subterranean
hot spring of odorless, tasteless mineral water. As nearly as possible,
El Dorado offers a genuine desert hot spring soaking adventure, but with
amenities, in a verdant and simple desert oasis.
The rates are reasonable. Camping is permitted. Check out their website
for more info.
For more information, here are some links:
River HS Info page
- Willow Beach Information on Hot Springs on the Colorado River. This
site also has boat rental and lodging information, and maps.
- Department of the Interior information on permits, this page also
contains a description of the trip up the river.
showing Hoover Dam Hot Springs
Public Lands Web Site
Public lands Organization Site
- This site contains information on the following Nevada hot springs:
- Castle Hot Springs - Hell's canyon wilderness and Lake pleasant
Region are both described as being near to "castle hot springs road"
- Hotwell Dunes Rec Area - Campground around natural Hot Springs
- Bear Springs Badland park - With nearby hot springs at Watson Wash
- Gila Box Riparian Conservation Area - National conservation area
with nearby hot springs
- Tonto Natural Bridge Spring - This park is known for it's Natural
Bridge Geologic formation, the springs are about only 70 degrees.
*NOTE: To locate the springs on this page:
- Select the correct state by clicking on it.
- Click "Search Arizona" button (or whichever state you chose)
- Click "Custom Search"
- Enter the keyword you are searching for ex. "Hot Springs" or "Bear